My friend Jennifer invited me to join her blog link up about things you may not know about me. What does it say about me that I found it hard to come up with things? I tend to think I live a pretty vanilla life, but after some thought, I decided that’s not quite true. In random order, I present to you 5 things you (may or) may not know about me:
- I’ve only traveled outside of the country to two different places: Canada (Michigan’s neighbor to the north) and Jamaica (on my honeymoon). However, I dream big, and I fully intend to tour Italy someday. (Wait, is that 2 things you may not know about me? Let’s just say 1a and 1b.)
- I blew out both of my knees playing varsity soccer during my sophomore year in high school. Because I had dislocated my right knee playing soccer in gym class in the 7th grade, my Dad had good reason to caution me against playing in high school. Good call, Dad. Good call.
- The first time I flew on a plane was the summer before my final year of college. I went to Deer Isle, Maine for an intensive art workshop for college credit. I knew not one single soul there, but God-incidentally, my cabin mate was from my home town. I made paper and lots of clay items and got a job offer to be a papermaker’s apprentice (which I turned down–because it was in Maine). I also spent the nights with a shirt wrapped around my head because it’s insanely cold during May in Maine right on the ocean.
- I like to organize ideas but not so much anything in my home…God bless my husband. And anyone else who comes to visit.
- My favorite Disney movie is still Aladdin. I had the coloring book as a child, and I still sing along when we watch the movie. Have some of column A. Try all of column B! I’m in the mood to help you, dude. You ain’t never had a friend like me!
How about you? What might most people not know about you? Use the comments or link up with Jennifer HERE.