You know that thing…the thing where you mark your calendar for months and months down the road. It feels like your event, get together, etc. is eons away.
Until it’s not.
It’s Allume time again, and by the sheer grace of God that manifested in some amazing friends, I’m going for the third time.
It’s fun to write a little post to my Allumie roomies in anticipation of our adventure together. And maybe give them fair warning about what they’re about to step into.
10 Things You Should Know
1. Let’s just say it: Girl time is going to trump breakout sessions. A lot of God-sized dreaming has gone down in the past year, and we have a lot to catch up on.
2. We will be real. When I ask, “How are you?” I mean, “How are are you?” No “fines” allowed.
3. There will be oily goodness. You knew this was coming, right? We will be one happy, rested, fragrantly pleasing bunch. Delonna, beware–Kristin and Mel have already crossed over!
4. I toss and turn. Sorry. Pretty sure I don’t snore though.
5. I have no idea who the keynotes are or if they are big names. You may need to save me from potential humiliation in their presence.
6. I don’t plan to give out many business cards, and I’m not looking for a book deal. In fact, I view this as more of a vacation than a conference. I’m coming to see my peeps, um, you.
7. I’m counting on you to make me laugh. Don’t let me be too serious.
8. Remind me to spend time on the journals in the prayer room.
9. Pretend I’m stylish. Still love me when I’m not.
10. There will be lots of hugs and tears. It’s just going to happen. That moment when they break out Oceans during worship? Tissues!
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list, and it is in random order.
I can’t wait to see you!
Will I be seeing you at Allume?
What things would roommates need to know about you?